Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Three Ring Circus!

Alright - quick post for the day....sweet corn is ready in the field - and that means I have to prepare the kitchen for cutting and freezing. It's super cool out today - well and yesterday too. So, we turned the air off, and opened all of the windows - all of them!!! It's so nice to have fresh air wafting (is that a word?? Is now!) thru the house, and I have banana bread in the oven, so the house smells even better. But, I think because the windows are open, and it was too nice, the neighbor had to go and ruin my good fun. When I heard Will yell to me - "Hey mom, check out that big tractor with the huge tank!" - I knew it wasn't gonna be good. Sure enough, he pulled into the neighboring field of freshly baled alfalfa (which smelled good too!), and there he dumped what was in that tank - HOG $%!&.....yes - it does deserve the foul word - because it's foul!!!! I quickly slammed several windows shut, but was able to leave a few on the other side of the house open. Then - to make matters worse, it dawned on me that I have clothes out on the line. LOTS of clothes....I'm crossing my fingers and toes that they don't stink....UGH!!!! I LOVE living on the farm, REALLY LOVE IT - but it's things like this that are SO disappointing. Oh - yeah - did you guys want to see a card today??? You do? Okay - here you go:


This was super easy - ran the front portion thru the Big Shot with the Polka Dot Texturz plate, attached a snipet of ribbon, stamped and punched some circles and cut a few of the flowers out to give the big circle some extra umph....it was totally cased - from Designs by Brooke. She's got some really cute things on her blog!
Alright crew - that's it for today - I'm off to cut some corn!
Jen

1 comment:

Kim Scheerer said...

Love the simplicity of this card and of course the circle circus set! TFS