Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Finally!

I know that you have all been sitting by your computers wondering where I have been! And I really thought that since I've been home for 3 days, I would have some uber stamp time - but no such luck! Today I was enthralled with computer problems (I thought that I was rid of those when I left my job - but I guess not! GEEZ!) So, that left me with two hours of fixing my laptop AND my desktop. And, while the desk is pulled away from the wall, I might as well clean really well behind there, and try and make sense of the gazillions of wires! Good Lord - why in the world can't there be just ONE wire to hook up a computer? Anywhoooo, I got it all straightened out, got the desk all spiffy clean, and as soon as I sat at my craft table, poof - it was like someone had left a whoopy cushion on my chair. Both boys we magically awakened. However, over the last few days, I have managed to get this done:


This was actually a quick project and I think it would make quite a cute little gift for friends and family. The only thing that was a bit time consuming was waiting for the craft ink to dry (I did use two coats of ink), and waiting for the crystal effects to take hold on the pinecones. I could have sped up both processes if I would have gotten "plugged in". Had my heat tool been plugged in and ready to go, I could have dried the craft ink in a jiffy; and, I could have broke out my hot glue gun to glue on the pinecones. Even the cutting of the pine branches didn't take all that long to do. FYI - I didn't even use a sponge to ink up the wooden frame - I went directly from the ink pad. The pinecones, I had picked those off a tree while we were camping over the weekend. I wanted to go back and get LOTS more. As it was, I only had Andy's pocket to put them in, and he wasn't up for making another venture to my new favorite tree! Initially, I had envisioned putting pinecones all the way around the frame, but in the end, I think it would have been too much. My Autumn Days stamp set is seeing more summer days than anything!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stamps: Autumn Days, Many Merry Messages
Paper: Very Vanill, Sahara Sand, Retired DSP?
Ink: Craft Old Olive (for frame), Old Olive Marker, Soft Suede Marker
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds; Pinecones, Crystal Effects

No comments: