Friday, July 24, 2009

So, I was blog surfing yesterday, and one of my favorite sites that I hadn't visited in quite a while is Heather Nichols blog Pine is Here. I just love her use of kraft paper - she's quite partial to it I would say. Everything she creates is stunning and her style is quite unique. After visiting her site for a while, I was quite inspired, and this is what I came up with:
For some reason, I always seem to fall in love with DSP right before or after it retires. I had not one but two packs of the Rockabilly Specialty DSP that I hadn't used much of....until this week.

I have to say that I think this card turned out stinkin' cute! I finally opened up my pack of Playground buttons and viola - thought cherries! Too sweet! I stamped a dainty little sentiment on the outside: sweet treats

...and on the inside...just for you. This will make an adorable card to go along with a jar of my homemade Rhubarb Jam - which happens to have cherries in it too. Or maybe I'll make a yummy cherry pie and give to someone....
Stop by tomorrow for another card that Heather inspired me to do!
TTFN
Jen
Recipe:
Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, Rockabilly DSP
Ink: White Craft, Old Olive
Accessories: Playground Buttons, Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch, Lots of Labels Die




5 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Super cute. Love the buttons. Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Buttons as cherries! You are too creative! I just wish I had half the ideas that you do.

-Adrienne

Kris Butler said...

Just Gojus!!! You are so creative, and thanks for sharing the blog!
Kris Butler~

Cyndi G said...

I agree, I wish I had your ideas and ALL of your talent Jen. Super cute!
P.S. If you can't find a home for that cherry pie, you know where I live. :-)

Julie G said...

I'm make you a card if you make me a cherry pie :D JK! super cute...now I'm excited that I ordered some Kraft paper!