Saturday, July 25, 2009

More Christmas in July!

Once again - I was inspired by Heather Nichols on this card. I had to make it twice until I got it just the way I wanted - but honestly, I really love it! It's clean, it's simple - it's MERRY, it's right up my alley!

I absolutely love this new 3/4 inch Polka dot ribbon. It's stitched on each edge, adding a little extra something. The nice thing about Stampin' Up's DSP is that it's double sided, therefore, when you open the flap of this card, it's also pretty, which is how I incorporated the Chocolate Chip color. I think this card lends a good spot to include a nice family photo. Might as well use all available space in your cards - who needs white space???I used the Lots of Labels die to back the inside sentiment. I tried to use the Old Olive color from the outside of the flap, but it just didn't look right, so I stuck with Choc. Chip. Seemed to flow better that way. The inside sentiment holds another importance - it covers up the joint of the ribbon.

I'll be back later with a winner for my blog candy! Stay tuned people!

Stamps: Snow Swirled
Paper: Kraft, Merry Moments, Whisper White, Old Olive
Ink: Whisper White Craft, Choc. Chip, Old Olive
Accessories: Scallop Circle Die, Lots of Tags Die, Wide Oval Punch, Polka Dot Ribbon



3 comments:

Cyndi G said...

Very pretty Jen ... and I like the idea of mounting a family picture inside.

Julie G said...

This is the kind I like...clean and simple! How did you make the flap? is this a big shot die? u r too crafty!

Anonymous said...

Jen, I love this card! We try to send a picture with our cards every year, and this would be a very neat way to incorporate them.

-Adrienne