Monday, July 20, 2009

Autumn Weather...

...that's what we've been having. So, it seems quite fitting to show you this new creation I've made:
Fall is after all my favorite season - so I love to make fall inspired cards. (yet - I'm still craving some super warm days to bask in the sun) I really like how this card turned out. I used the leaves from the Autumn Days set and "rock and rolled" them to give them a two toned look. My stamp club learned how to do this in their monthly sessions last week. It just gives a very real look to the leaves. The ribbon is from the Orchard Ribbon Originals set in the 2009-2010 IBC. Everything is brought together by the Autumn Traditions DSP.
I really set off the Scallop Circle with brads from the Vintage collections. I think it gives it a look of a Autumn Wreath. What do you think - do you like that added touch?
Remember - everytime you leave a comment this week, your name goes into a drawing for some blog candy!!! Might as well give it a try!
TTFN - Jen

6 comments:

Maxine said...

Love that rock and rolled technique, especially for leaves like that!! Awesome card(s)

Kathy said...

You have the best ideas! I think you should publish a book! :D

Janette said...

I really enjoyed learning the "rock and roll" technique last week. I have lots of plans to use it. THANKS for the ideas!!

Kris Butler said...

Love the "rock and Roll" Technique it is really awesome with the leaves!
Kris

Nancy C said...

I think the brads on the scallop circle gave it a nice touch. Will share what colors you used on this card?

Cyndi G said...

Enjoyed using the 'rock n roll' technique at club this month ... it gives such a realistic look to the leaves. Now I just need to acquire more stam pads so that I can do it efectively on my own :-)