Let me introduce you to a new little series here on the ol' blog: Manic Monday - Made in Minutes.
A lot of times I think we dwell on the fact that we need to make these over the top, stunningly gorgeous cards. And those cards take us well over an hour to make. I know I'm not the only one that does this right? Right???
If you think about it - if you were to pay yourself what you get at your "real" job, that card that took you an hour could easily cost what - $15-$30.... Crazy right. You need to think about that a bit - and that's not including the cost of your supplies. Yah - those 10 embellishments that you HAVE to put on there....those add up folks!
So, in this series, we're going to focus on cards that take 10 minutes or less to make. They don't need to be lacking in style. You don't have to diminish the cute factor. And they can still be on trend.
Today's card took me about 7 minutes...start to finish. No joke. That includes cutting, etc.
Here's how this one goes.
1) Cut card from Early Espresso cardstock
2) Cut a panel of Watercolor paper 4 x 5 1/4". Heat emboss sentiment (from Another Thank You - #133454) using Versamark ink and Pewter Embossing Powder (EEK - I've broke free from Gold EP!!!)
3) Using a Aquapainter and Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, and Crushed Curry ink pads, wash the ink over the top of the sentiment. (one of thee trendiest things to do right now!) Allow to dry, adhere to card front.
4) Die cut leaves from Autumn Accents, curl with bone folder, attach to card.
5) Tie Linen Thread thru Naturals button, adhere to leaf stems...
What are some obstacles you face when creating cards? Leave me a comment - I'll help you find some solutions!
September Hostess Code: JCCXTJDT
Learn how to use the code here.