Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mojo Monday Sketch

Since I'm loving all of these sketch challenges - I thought that I would give the Mojo Monday Sketch a try. I really liked this design - it's clean and simple! Right up my alley, you know. Here's the sketch:

And here's my card:




I really like the way these colors pulled together. I used silver embossing powder on the sentiment image itself. As soon as I put the Basic Gray taffeta ribbon on there, I knew that the image had to be embossed. I still feel like it's missing something - almost too clean and simple??? What do you think I could add to jazz it up some more? Any suggestions????
Thanks for stopping by today!
Jen
Recipe:
Stamps: Puns from the Past
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Urban Garden DSP, Basic Gray
Accessories: Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Silver embossing powder, scallop edge punch

6 comments:

dj said...

love it!! do you still have snow?? really?? I must say that would make me very sad!!

Unknown said...

Snow is pretty much gone - just some in the ditches. I think spring is FINALLY on it's way!

Teresa said...

The first thing I thought of was how simple and pretty your card was. It's just perfect. Love that sewing machine stamp.

Julie said...

I like it as is....simple and clean! If I were to add anything, maybe a pop of color (you're really liking coral right?) like in a button or something to go with the sewing machine.

LeAnne said...

Love this! What a great way to use this image, and of course the sketch is great!
LeAnne

Kristie W. said...

Super card, great image for the sketch!