Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

These are the little Easter favors I made for our Easter dinner. This is my first time hosting dinner for Easter - I'm sure something will be a little off. I'm just an okay cook - and don't always do so well cooking for a crowd - so we'll see! I love to cook - I really do, so at least that's not the problem. It's the trying to get everything ready at the same time that I don't do so well at. Anyway - no matter how my meal turns out - these cute little guys will make up for it!




I used the Bag with Scallops Big Shot Die - it was really easy to make up several of these. 9 to be exact! I cut the DSP slightly smaller than the front - I think it was 2x3 1/2 then punched my hole in the front of the acutal bag using the 1 1/4 inch circle punch. Then to perfectly place the DSP with a larger circle, I layed the DSP on top of the front of the bag, making sure that the edges were uniform, then flipped it over without sliding the DSP and drew a circle on the back of the DSP thru my punched hole. This gave me a guide as to where to punch the hole in the DSP, and I knew it would line up perfectly. Did I explain that okay or did I lose you??? I punched the DSP with a 1 3/8 circle punch. Then, I stamped my window sheets with White Stazon, using stamps from Good Egg. I adhered them to the back side of the box, and then could assemble the box itself. I think it took me just an hour to do all nine of them start to finish. Maybe slightly longer, but really not much. I colored the little guy with Watercolor Wonder crayons and a blender pen. I think he's just the cutest!!!!

No comments: