Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Blooming Beautiful!

Ahhhh, my day was so much better yesterday. The boys are on the mend, I went back to work, and my DH got started planting corn....progress in the fields! It's always an exciting time when the spring field work begins, and I know that they are really making progress when the planter actually makes contact with the field. One of my favorite smells is the smell of freshly turned dirt. Yeah - weird I know - but there is a smell about it that I love! I think it signifies that spring is really here! The other smell I love on the farm is freshly cut alfalfa...it's so sweet. Everyone should experience it once! So, to continue with my spring theme - I'm showing you a card I made with that borrowed set from my mom. Yes, I still have it, and yes, I'm ordering my own set just so she can have hers back! I just love this set!
I used the sketch from Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch. This is a great sketch to use, and again - I really love her clean and simple style. I just need to com e up with a sentiment to use on it. And I might just wait until the day I decide to use the card and stamp a sentiment on the inside.

This picture doesn't show it very well, but the center of each flower has chocolate glitter . The other noteable thing about the card is that it is a 6x6 size card. I like the unusual size. It fits into a square envelope.

What do you think? Leave me a comment - also, tell me what is your favorite sign that spring is here????

Thanks for looking today!

3 comments:

Karen Giron said...

That chocolate glitter is fantastic! I love how you used browns in this card - it's lovely.

My Secret Life in Lilly said...

Chocolate glitter? Sounds YUMMY! Love the colors, and the glitter :)

Oh my favorite sign spring has sprung...when it stops SNOWING! lol~

Pirre said...

So beautiful card! I love the simple look =)