Thursday, April 23, 2009

Inspiration...

...where is it that we find our inspiration for things that we create? I'm often looking around at things - and more so now than before I was a papercrafter - trying to find some inspiration. I look at things slightly different when I think of how it might inspire me. It might simply be the layout or sketch on a cereal box, or maybe the colors that make up a cute dress. The other day my co-worker had on a shirt that inspired me. I loved the colors and the design. I asked another co-worker (who is also a stamper and member of one of my stamp clubs) what colors she thought made up the shirt. We both decided it was Cool Caribbean (retired SU) and Choc. Chip. I haven't had a chance to make anything with that inspiration just yet - but it's in my memory bank - and I know that Carol will wear the shirt again - or at least I hope so, just to inspire me some more.
I also browse blogs. Some that I really love: Karen Giron's: the sweetest thing, I love her clean and simple style, the colors she uses together, the Sweet Sunday Sketches that she comes up with. Taylor Vanbruggen's: Taylored Expressions I like her cheery, sweet as cupcake style! Plus, she's originally from Iowa herself. Her blog is great - bright and crisp. She's got great sketches too. Another great site is one that many of you are aware of: Splitcoast Stampers This is great for tutorials, sketch challenges, color challenges, product know-how, and the list goes on and on!
Where is it that you find your inspiration? Share with all of us! Leave a comment....

FYI - don't forget to check out this post and leave a comment within it about your current product fetish! I've got some blog candy for a random winner!

No comments: