Sunday, April 26, 2009

Life is just a bowl of cherries...

...don't take it seriously....... I worked on a couple of sketch challenges this weekend - surprise, surprise! The first one I worked on was for the Weekend Sketch that was hosted over at Sharon Harnist's blog! I love this sketch - easy to use, good space for images...love it!
Here's what I came up with:
Isn't it stinkin' cute??? I love the bright cheery (or would that be cherry?) colors, the clean look of it. I particularly like the scalloped edge of the sentiment with the brads in the center. I don't always remember to use my brads, and here I think they were quite effective. Have I said yet that I love this card??? I'm giving myself a huge pat on the back here!
I used a bit of crystal effects on the on the cherries to give them some shine. I think it adds a nice finish to the card. Both the images were inked up using markers. It took me three tries until I liked the sentiment, but finally I got there! Funny, I hadn't inked up that sentiment at all yet and have had that set for a good year. And technically, it still hasn't seen an ink pad! Also, I actually 'duded' up the inside of the card:

This might just be one of those cards that stays in my stash for a long time, either that or I need to do another one to give away...I sometimes have a hard time parting with my creations....bad, bad I know!
Recipe:
Stamps: All Holidays, Tart and Tangy
Paper: Rockabilly DSP, Real Red, Whisper White, Old Olive
Accessories: Bold Brights Brads, Real Red Striped Ribbon, Crystal Effects, SU Markers, Real Red, Old Olive

5 comments:

Julie Graeve said...

That is quite possibly one of the cutest cards I've seen! Have you shown us the crystal effect stuff before in a workshop? That just makes things so much more dramatic!

Verda said...

The cherry paper is so cute and the card is put together just wonderfully. Very Very cute!

Sharon Harnist said...

Yes, very cute cheery cherry card and great job with the sketch!

Melanie said...

It IS too stinkin' cute! Love your submission.

Anonymous said...

THis card just blows my mind! It's awesome! ~mom