Monday, April 27, 2009

Brightly Expressed!

Well, I got another sketch challenge done this weekend. Actually didn't sit down at my craft table at all on Sunday. Spent the day shopping with my sister Megan and the hubby. It was a fun day, but phew - it wiped me out! I'm not a huge shopping fan. It can be depressing. Now, if that weight that I've been trying to lose would get lost, I would enjoy shopping again...no wonder I'd rather spend time in my craft room, or shopping for things that don't involve sizes.

So, back to the sketch...I did the sketch over at Taylored Expressions, and loved the openness that this card has. There are so many different ways to interpret this, so many possibilities - I even think that we may use this in my Stamp Clubs this month.
I went with some really bright colors this time - something way out of the ordinary for me....although, I seem to be using them more and more here lately. My camera doesn't seem to have taken true to life colors...they seem off to me.... the colors were Taken with Teal (which is more green than this pic), Tangerine Tango, Rose Red, and some Old Olive.

I indivudually cut the flowers, bent them up a bit to give them some dimension. Then attached some buttons from the Button Latte collection, using a strip of cardstock for the thread. The background, which bothers me b/c it looks like Pacific Point here, was run thru the Big Shot with the Texturz Background Argyle plate. I really like the way it offsets the flowers. I didn't want this overly flowery, therefore didn't use one of the floral backgrounds. Plus, it gives the sentiment some extra punch this way.

Recipe:
Stamps: Best Wishes and More
Ink: Rose Red, Old Olive
Paper: Taken w/ Teal (seriously - it is !), Tangerine Tango, Rose Red, Whisper White
Accessories: Button Latte, Old Olive Ribbon, Scallop Edge punch

2 comments:

Monica Anderberg said...

So pretty! So wellbalanced and lovely colorcombo! It is so fun to visit your blog and see all the wonderful things you are making.

Hugs Monica

Anonymous said...

Really cute here - but even cooler in person! :) The texture on the background paper really sets it all off! ~~mom