Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Sky is the Limit


Who else is dreaming of blue, warmer, skies?  We've had several gray days here in Iowa - and I'm ready for some sunshine and warmth.  

I'd love to fly up into some skies like this card. Practically cloud free.  

To create this one, I stamped everything on Whisper White cardstock.  For the clouds I used Smoky Slate ink.  The plane - Basic Black Archival Ink.  

I used the same technique on the clouds (liquid masking) as I showed on my video that I talked about in this post.  I covered the clouds and the plane in liquid mask, then sponged on some Bermuda Bay (yes - it really is!  Doesn't look like it, but it is!) ink.  The liquid mask resists the ink and when you rub it away, you are left with cardstock that was the same color you started with. 

Once the mask was removed, I colored the plane in with a Real Red marker.  I used a little Wink of Stella on the heart cloud, but it was hard to photograph.


That's today's card!  Who else is ready for skies that are blue like this?
Print Recipe
Product List

post signature

No comments: