Sunday, January 31, 2016

Hello! + Balloon Celebration = Love!




Did everyone have a great weekend?  Mine was great!  The weather was warm and I enjoyed a little time outside - outside chipping ice off our driveway!  It was so muddy and messy, and knowing that we'll be getting a wallop of a storm this week, I wanted to get as much of the nasty ice off our driveway as I could.  Not a fun job, but my son Alex (who is 8) and I for some reason found it to be a good challenge!  

But I also found some time to create a few things - and this card was one of them.  I used the sketch from CAS(e) this Sketch this week.

I was thrilled with the way this one turned out.  I wasn't sure how it was going to go - the "sun" and cloud kind of had me perplexed. 

What I did tho - was I sponged on some Daffodil Delight onto the W.W. panel.  Then let it dry REALLY good - like overnight!  (which wasn't really necessary, but I got pulled out of the craft room by the kids).  I used some Whisper White ink to stamp the cloud and then sprinkled it right away with White embossing powder. Worked perfectly!  Add some balloons, the sentiment and some sequins (from my stash of "stuff").

This card just has all the right colors and mix of sparkle and shine! (in my humble opinion!)  I'd love to hear YOUR opinion - leave a comment...


3 comments:

samantha's cards said...

lovely card!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty and fun! Wonderful take on the sketch!

donna mikasa said...

Fun take on the sketch--love the gold embossed sentiment!