Thursday, January 28, 2016

In the Meadow - a sketch challenge




I really don't like when I have stamp sets that haven't seen ink yet.  Unfortunately, I've got a few sets like that on my shelf.  In the Meadow was one of them.

Lucky for this set, tho - it found some ink today....and there are other sets that have been in line longer than this one!


Many times when I'm not quite sure what I WANT to create, I turn to a good sketch challenge.  One of my favorite challenges comes from The Paper Players.  So, I grabbed their sketch and then challenged myself to stamp something that I wouldn't think of instantly.  (I first thought of the new Bloomin' Heart die and then the Number of Years dies to use as the circle piece.  But it felt too obvious)

Here's what I came up with:


I can't tell you enough how much I like the way this one turned out.  I used DSP from the Going Places Paper Stack.  

This turned out perfect for a masculine birthday card.  However, I think this Momma Doe protecting her fawn could make the card go either way.



Hope this card inspires you today!





Product List
post signature

3 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Adorable card, Jen! Love the background paper you've paired with this set and the burlap element. Thank you for playing with my sketch at The Paper Players!

Colleen Begley said...

Very pretty, Jen! Great papers and perfect water coloring on this image. (I love this image). Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

stampwithsandy said...

Oh Jen this is beautiful!!! Can I say that about a masculine card? Your watercoloring is just fabulous and what a sweet and serene image. So glad you joined us this week at The Paper Players!