Friday, January 8, 2016

Bloomin' Love - two ways!


I gave you a sneak peek of this last night on my Instagram - today you get to see the real deal.  I looked at the new Bloomin' Love set from Stampin' Up! and was really drawn to the floral spray.  It reminded me of a card that one of my Stampin' Idols (Betsy Veldman) had made a while ago.  So I wanted to try using the same technique with this set.

I'll admit that I'm perfectly happy with the way this one turned out. 


I wasn't sure about mixing my color combo - but in the end, I feel like it works so well together!  I used Real Red, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, and Cucumber Crush.  Plus....some gold embossing - of course!  Oh and a little Gold Wink of Stella.

So....while I was creating this card, I thought that I could do the same thing with a completely different color scheme, and get a whole new look - and a non-valentine card.

AND!!!  I think it worked rather well!!  In fact I almost like this card better!!!  HA!  Love when things work out like that.  

For this one - I used Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, and Mint Macaron.  Oh....and that GOLD embossing!

 Throw a couple of enamel dots on and this card was complete!  It seems so bright and cheery!

Which one do you like better?  I'm dying to hear - so leave a comment with your favorite.....

'til next time!




Valentine Card
Product List


Birthday Card
Product List


post signature

No comments: