Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Yet another SNEAK PEEK!


Howdy folks!  Gosh - meant to have this posted earlier today....but time got away from me.  We had Will's Track and Field Day at school today - what fun!  I think the kids had a blast - I KNOW my two littles did, they went down for naps at 2:30 without a fuss!  That gave me time to make Will's t-shirt that he needs for Letter People day tomorrow.  He's got Mr. W - Mr. W has a Wonderful Wink.  I think the shirt is a teensy boring.  I could have had more fun with Mr. B.  He has lots of buttons.  And I love BUTTONS!!!  :)

So, I ran across a new challenge blog - over at The Paper Players.  I thought I would play along this week and give their color challenge a try.  I'm not real wonderful with color challenges, but I think I handled this one okay.


I used my numbers in the new (sneak peek) Memorable Moments set to create a background.  I didn't get terribly fussy with lining the numbers up perfectly or anything.  No stamp-a-ma-jig here.  I just went with it!  And I like how that turned out.  I knew with the bold Poppy and Daffodil colors in this challenge that I was going to need to keep one of them to a minimum, I as much as I love the Poppy Parade, I thought it needed to be subtle.  I think it really worked too.  And I'm sure you'd like to know about the Daffodil Die Cut on this card....well, I did a little finagling with one of the new dies to do that, and love the results.  I may even come up with a video to show you how.  How would you like that.  It'll be coming at you next week sometime!  I'll give you something to look forward to....

Until tomorrow....go stamp something!

5 comments:

jaydee said...

Jen, I think your numbers turned out perfectly! I love the simplicity of the focal point with the patterned background. Great use of the colors this week. So glad your little ones enjoyed their field and track day :-) Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Jenn Picard said...

Oh I just love the way you created the backgroud with all of those numbers and the framed sentiment is just perefct. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Nance Leedy said...

Me too! I LOVE your number background and how smart of you to let the Poppy really POP. Great way to feature all the new goodies! So glad you found and joined us at The Paper Players!

Heidi said...

Yay for sneak peek products!! I like your thinking on not overpowering one color with the other and your choice to have Baja as the card base was a great one. Definitely love the accent of the Poppy Parade in a couple of buttons and some ink. Cute ribbon, too! I have a spool of that waiting to be used! ;) Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Paper Players! Glad you joined in the fun!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is such a gorgeous 16th birthday card. The background stamping of the numbers is a great idea! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!