Monday, May 21, 2012

Oh....the start of Summer

Summer vacation has begun at our house.  We had a little shaky start .... We had some friends out to the farm yesterday with their kids and little kid sized four wheelers.  We have a large four wheeler and haven't ever let the kids drive it because it's just too big.  But, with the small four wheelers we let Will give it a shot.  He's pretty cautious and doesn't typically take risks.  Kinda like his mama!  He was just driving in the lawn right around us for about half an hour and doing really good, going slow and turning wide.  After a while he'd venture a little farther.  Then a bit farther.  He never went very fast - and they don't go fast anyway.  BUT...he got to a spot in our driveway where there was a hill and turn at the same time.  I don't know exactly what happened, but he tipped the four wheeler and hit his head on a rock.  Nothing major at all.  Not that I didn't completely FREAK OUT!  CUZ. I. DID!  There was blood and tears and me running frantically for ice and getting it crushed and on his head.  We got it all rinsed and ice put on it.  Yeah - a little teeny cut less than a 1/4 of an inch.  But it was our start to summer.  I think it was more traumatic when I made him wash his hair!  It's all good now.  I told my girl friend this morning, when she asked how Will was doing, that he's normal.  He woke up crabby and mouthy...his typical morning self!  

So, you came to view a card right.  And I have one for you.  As my kiddos slept in this morning, I had time to whip up this little fella:


Some of it's new and some is about to retire.  I stamped the wheat images from Autumn Days (retiring) in the new Midnight Muse on Midnight muse.  Then I added some new DSP - from Comfort Cafe.  The frame image is stamped in Always Artichoke on Very Vanilla and then I hand cut it.  Then stamped the sentiment from Delightful Dozen with Early Espresso on A. Artichoke, die cut it with some fantabulous new dies, sponged it and lastly added those great new wood buttons.  Very manly, I'd say!


Alright - boys are begging me for some t-ball time.....yep, tis summer!!!

No comments: