Thursday, May 17, 2012

Berry Sweet...


The strawberries in our garden are starting to ripen....so I just HAD to break free from my normal SU stamps and whip up a couple of cards.  SO, I'll apologize, but there is nothing Stampin' Up! about this card except for the card base, inks and ribbon....(card base is the new Primrose Petals in case you are wondering) and I love the card too much not to share.


I used a couple of the Friendship Jar stamp sets from Papertrey Ink along with coordinating dies, and the patterned paper is from October Afternoon.  I used an aqua-painter to color the strawberries.  I don't do real well with my aqua-painter.  It's that whole lack of perfectionism that I have to deal with when I use it.  I just have to let go and do it.  And with a little practice, I kinda got the hang of it.  It's just so much wetter and the color moves more than the blender pens that I'm used to.  However, I did feel that it was easier using the inkpads with the aquapainter than the blender pen.  I could get the color to blend quite a bit better. So, I'll keep at it.

Okey-doke.  I need to go make up a bunch of make and takes for a Girls' Night Out at The Artisan tomorrow night!!!  Looking forward to some girly time.

Until next time - go stamp yourself silly!!!

1 comment:

Winnie said...

Such a pretty card. I love your coloring. I love watercoloring as I don't have to be precise..(which I am not by nature..). Love the country feel you got with the paper and the faux stitching too.