Saturday, May 12, 2012

Graduation gift...a little sneak peek!



I'll warn you right now, these pictures aren't up to my usual par.  I wanted to show you this project but since it's rather large, I didn't have a great area to photograph it.....so sorry about that!

On with the story.  My little sister, Megan, graduates from high school tomorrow.  She's the youngest.  (Although both of my sisters are 19 and 20 years younger than me! UGH!)  I put together a laundry basket of some college essentials, towels, washcloths, laundry detergent, dryer sheets....you know...stuff she can actually use.  I bought some fun colored towels - may have to give her a note NOT to wash the bright pink ones with her whites...and thought that the colors in our new (sneak peek) Floral District paper would be perfect for this little addition to her gift.  I found a frame that would fit two matted 5 x 7's and loved the size of it.  12 x 12 paper was wide enough to cover the width, and it's not too big that she can't hang it on her dorm room door.


I "built" the paper and ribbon portion on the paper with the fake photos that comes with the frame.  That way I knew I was getting the size right.  Then I inked up my chipboard letters with Tangerine Tango Craft Ink (bye, bye craft ink....it's been fun!) and sprinkled them with Tangerine Tango Embossing Powder and heated them up.  I attached them to the front of the glass with Crystal Effects - and they are now STUCK!  I used Crystal Effects for the buttons too.  I thought the frame needed something more....don't I always.  Then.  Just used a little circle of black velcro and attached the marker to the side of the frame.

Seriously - this can be a 15 minute project!  Don't you just love the colors in this new DSP!

I got my new catalog in real life yesterday.  Although I've been drooling at the online version for almost two weeks now, it's much more fun to have the real deal.  Got my pages all marked, and made my wish list!

Would you like to reserve a copy of the catalog?  Email me and I'll have one saved for you or if you are long distance, I'll have one shipped to your door!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this!! I am sure you sister will too!! I will be featuring this memo board on My Crafty Picks #63 with a link back to your blog on 5-13-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Have a great day!!
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com