Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Meet today's card...

But before you peek - let me warn you.....if you are a member of my downline, this is a sneak peek at tonights make and take card!  If you don't want to see it in advance....don't look.

I'm serious!


This is your chance to look away....



Turn away from your computer....





Here's the close - up :




I really love this pick-up but I don't pull it out very often because of it's need to be colored and a lot of times I just don't have time to meticulously color.  BUT....since I've been playing more with my Aqua Painters, I'm finding that I don't always have to be so particular in my coloring - that I CAN embrace the watercolored look, and I can achieve that look pretty quick!  I especially like using the aqua painter with watercolor paper.  It just moves the color better and it doesn't "puddle".  That's what I used here.  It really is simple and quick - much faster than my typical coloring and blending with my markers on watercolor paper - that gives you a look VERY similar to coloring with COPICS.  But, this is much, much faster.


Here's my card.  I followed this week's Mojo Monday Sketch - but put a little bit of a spin on it.  


Not only did I turn it, but I opted for the banner flags instead of the strip.  It just seemed to work better.  I left the sentiment off.  Wasn't sure what I wanted to use this card for yet....birthday, fathers day, just because????  

What do you think?  Are you a watercolorer?  

1 comment:

Cyndi G said...

Darn you Jen! You knew I would have to look! Just kidding. anxious to see it in person tonight and have my very own sample of it!