Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sneak Peek!!! and a sketch challenge!


Are you as excited for some new, fun product as I am?? Oh, my MOJO may have finally returned.  I won't deny it, I've been in a creative slump.  Sometimes those slumps don't come at very opportune times....Oh well - I think the chance to play with new product just rejuvenates all of us! And this was the case today!

 I decided to play along with the sketch challenge over at Clean & Simple Stamping.  Notice that my center image is NOT a square - but what is that???  Hmmm....something new maybe???  Sure is!  New dies!  YAY!  The sentiment was stamped with a new set also that I am going to have a lot of fun with.  It's what I would call a builder set!  It includes numbers, sentiments and an outline image that coordinates with the Labels Die Collection.  The flower was stamped with another new set :)!  I inked it up with Primrose Petals and then rolled it with Raspberry something???  (sorry - I"m cuddled up on the couch right now and am too cold to get up and go check the color!!!)  The center is stamped with Tangerine Tango, then punched with a 1/2 Circle punch.  I then snipped the white portions that were left.


What do you think of this little hand stamped card?  Cute???  I think so if I do say so myself.

And now, because I haven't shown you any of our Iowa wildlife lately.....Alex tippy-toed into my craft room today and said, "you need to come and see, there are a bunch of those yellow birds in our lawn."  I told him I was busy at the time.  He was insistent - when isn't he? So I went to the window - and he wasn't kidding!  If I didn't have to zoom so far from the house, you would have seen this all over our lawn - I would bet there were at least 30 - maybe 40!



We are pretty big nature lovers here in Iowa - and I am pretty impressed that Alex remembered to tippy toe and stay quiet while watching the birds - he doesn't do anything quiet!  We did have the windows opened today and he must have thought that he'd scare them away.  But no need for loud mouthed, foot stompin' Alex to scare the finches off.....

We've got Jumpy Squirrel to do that!

And that's just what he did.  Wish I could have gotten a picture of what scared Jumpy off - a big black bird swooped down and pecked at him.  That sent Jumpy right up the ol' oak tree!

Alright - time for this girly to hit the hay!  I'll uncurl myself and climb up to bed I guess.  Nighty-night!

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Oh my goodness! I have never seen finches on the ground like this! AMAZING! And the card is pretty amazing too!