Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Paper Players Color Challenge #121






We're bringing you a color challenge this week.  For me, this was quite a challenge in more than one way!  I saw Bravo Burgundy, and practically shuddered.  My first thought was....I know what my Bravo Burgundy ink pad looked like, and it's not pretty.  It was the VERY first ink pad I bought.  Back in the day, these were the colors I gravitated towards.  Yeah.  My poor BB ink pad is shriveled and miss colored from lack of use I'm sure.  I even think I heard it groan when I opened it to take a peek at it.  I put that back on the shelf.  I did find one lone piece of BB cardstock, so decided to run with it.  I took a rather clean and simple approach with my card.  In fact, I turned to Clean and Simple Blog for my sketch this week.


In the end, I'm pretty darn impressed with how nicely these colors work together.  I even like my card.

Hope you will make the time to play along with us this week.  Go and get some inspiration from the design team - they've got some superb projects to get you going!



The Paper Players Design Team

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

LOL, my BB pad looks a bit funky too. Poor thing! But you created a lovely card with that awesome embossed panel....and we were on the same wave length with the Newsprint!!!

Dawn Easton said...

LOL my ink pad looks awful too! It's probably one of the few I do NOT have a re-inker for. Searched high and low thinking maybe I misplaced it but sadly no.....ha!

Your stamping over the words is wonderful! This turned out beautifullly!!!

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty, Jen! I love how you stamped over the newsprint!

Nance Leedy said...

I have to agree with everyone--I adore how you stamped directly on the newsprint! Such a great look. I think you did a fantastic job with no BB ink pad! I had to scrounge for BB paper for sure!

Amy White said...

Great CAS card using these colours Jen! Those leaves stamped on book-print dsp looks fab! Loving that button too...

Anne Marie Hile said...

I had to laugh when I read your post, Jen! Poob BB ink pad...that would be Garden Green for me. That baby would have moths fl ut of it, if I were brave enough to crack it open. I love your card! The stamped images look really cool stamped over the newsprint paper. CAS-tastic! :)