Thursday, November 15, 2012

Shine!


I was recently flipping thru an old issue of Cards Magazine and came to a page that I had dog-eared.  The card on the page was that of a sunburst and that's when an idea popped into my head!  I love it when that happens.  Wouldn't a sunburst behind the silhouette of Baby Jesus be striking (and very fitting?).  With that idea, I went straight to work.  Recently, Mr. Jim (aka my UPS man) delivered this Champagne Glitter paper, and I thought that would be perfect.  I started with a Midnight Muse card base, but it just didn't "do it" for me.  So I tried the champagne on Cherry Cobbler.  Much better.  (I think if I had used the silver glimmer paper, the Midnight would have worked fine)  So, this is the card that evolved:



Pretty simple.  And that's what I was going for.  Jesus is the reason for the holiday and this card is all about Him.  I did use the Core'dinations Cardstock in Cherry Cobbler, just for the texture.  I think any embossing would have been too much.

Are you wondering how to do the sunburst?  Easy peasy!  Some companies have a stamp that you can stamp and then cut, and some have dies.  Guess what.  You don't need either!  Create a card front - any size you want is fine.  Here, I've used a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card base.  Flip your paper over (so you don't have to erase pencil lines)  Pick the spot where you want your focal point.  Just remember, because we've turned our paper over, the focal spot is going to be on the opposite side.  Now, take a ruler and draw lines out from your focal point to the edges.  You will need an even number of spaces.


The nice thing is, when you do this, you'll get enough bursts for two card fronts.  All you need to do is cut one your lines and you are ready to adhere to your card!  I marked mine so that I know which rays work together.  Didn't I tell you that it was easy!!!

Now, scroll back up.  Look at the Vanilla die cut behind Baby Jesus - can you figure out what die that came from?




Stampin’ Up!® is offering not just one, but two ways for you to get FREE ink!*
NOV. 1–DEC. 16, 2012
*Neutrals Collection not eligible
Host a $450 party!
Not only will you be able to choose a FREE ink collection, you’ll also get $65 in hostess dollars and a 50%-off item!
Join the Stampin’ Up! family!
A free collection of ink pads is a great incentive, but so is a 20% product discount, a demonstrator only magazine, stamping events, and access to an exclusive website with thousands of project ideas!

Contact me TODAY to find out more!


Shine Card Recipe:

No comments: