Saturday, June 5, 2010

You're a Star, Dad!

First off, I don't want anyone to miss my special promotion I talked about in this post. Thanks to all of you, I could be on my way to Alaska next spring - I'm keeping my fingers crossed!! And I hope that all of you can really help me out! Thanks!

On with the show:


When I started this card, I really had no idea where I was going with it. I didn't have a sketch to follow, I just knew that I wanted the 'dad' portion to look just the way it does here. So, I made that portion first - and the card just took off from there.

Guess what? I love this card. It's so bright, has plenty of manliness to it, it's all dad! And you know what else? It was super easy. I used the All-Star stamp from Sporting (which is retiring), along with my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line it up, stamped it on Kraft (soon to be Crumb Cake) in Night of Navy. The chipboard 'd's were inked up with Pumpkin Pie Craft Ink. The star, punched from Night of Navy and distressed with White on the edges to make it stand out a bit more. It kinda got lost otherwise. And the patterned paper - Travel DSP. You like? You can find this card on my Etsy shop!


Happy Saturday!

No comments: