Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Enjoy the journey, baby!

I fell in love with the little tricycle image in the Pedaling Past set as soon as I saw it. But, it took me a while to figure out what I would ever do with it. So, I didn't buy the set, right away. After some browsing on Splitcoast, and some creative thinking, I realized that this set could be pretty versatile. And, I was seeing bicycle cards all over the place - they are trendy. I reconsidered. You see, I don't usually buy too much for trendy clothing, I'm kind of a classic clothing wearer - things that don't typically got out of style. For instance, my classic turtleneck sweater in 16 colors, but the most worn one is black. And that is why I have 3 of them. In black. Anywho...so, I feel that I can purchase a trendy type stamp set every now and again....I need to have some trend to me! Also, when purchasing stamp sets, I try and go with sets that can be used on cards and in scrapbooking. Cuz, you know, I scrapbook a ton. That's why I show you so many pages on the ol' blog!!!! :) I swear, someday I will send the kids to grandma's for a weekend, and do nothing but scrapbook. (are you reading this, Mom???)
OKay - back to my card....I got the Pedaling Past set, and it's become a new fave of mine. New babies, graduation, retirement, thank you....the list goes on. I AM getting my pennies out of it!

Plus this card is so stinkin' cute! And that little trike - wow, I can't wait to find Aubrie a little pink trike. She'll be 'pedaling past' her brothers all the days!
Anyone notice my subliminal message on this card??? Leave me a comment with your guess!


3 comments:

stampsndeidre said...

Adorable card! Found you through Stampin' Connection. I am originally from Iowa...Marshalltown to be exact. I miss the midwest!

Shari Winterstein said...

OK!!!!!!! I've wanted to leave a comment on just about everything I've seen. You are a wonderful stamp artist! And I love the picture of your little girl and the boys. I am so glad I signed up to follow your blog! Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Chanda said...

Awwww, this is soooo cute! I love it! TYFS!

chanda stehlik
www.bellevuestampingclub.com

I'm a new follower! :)