Monday, June 21, 2010

More Christmas....

I know you guys are going to think I've lost my mind posting Christmas cards...I promise I'll have something new soon! This was another publication reject!:


This one uses the Home for Christmas set, which I really like, but I struggle trying to come up with ideas for. It's been stamped here on watercolor paper then colored with watercolor crayons and a blender pen. I love the nostalgic look of it, but I'm always at a layout loss with it. I offset the focal point with some eyelet ruffles, which are super easy to create. Simply punch a long strip of paper with your eyelet border punch, then run it along the edge of your bone folder several times to loosen up the fibers of your paper, making it more pliable. Then adhere to your image by ruffling it as you go! Easy peasy!

Hope everyone had a great Father's Day! We spent the day at my parents' house, playing softball and having water balloon fights! I may have come home with a small injury - which plays into the fact that I'm not in as good of shape as I used to be! While throwing the ball to home to try and get my sister out, I think I pulled something in my shoulder. How is that possible? In my head, I'm still as young and spry as I was in 1992 when I graduated high school!!!! Good Lord....anyway - the weather cooperated with us, Aubrie was a good little girl, and got used to other people holding her (which was a nice relief!), and the rain held off until dark. FYI - if you aren't is Western Iowa, it has rained nearly every day for 2 weeks. We've had over 10 inches of rain in that time - Mother Nature is wreaking havoc with us this year - first all the snow, now rain! Someone needs to make nice with her I think - maybe I need to send her some sunshine cards!

Okey Dokey peeps - I want to remind you of my promotion this month - place a $50 order, and you can pick any item at half off! That's right! You've got 9 days left to take advantage of this! Don't delay! Contact me to place your order!

That's all for today - until next time - happy stamping!

No comments: