Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Yes, I am alive!

And, looky - I have a scrapbook page to show you. Amazing - right! This is one of my favorite pages to date. I cut apart the argyle pattern from a retired Stampin' Up! package of DSP - Prestwick. I then backed each diamond with black, and continued that diamond theme on the opposite side with one lone diamond. I broke up the argyle pattern by adding a few circles to the mix.
These pictures happened to be taken last summer as Alex was learning to crawl. He was so cute this day - turning into a handsome little guy!
I know this isn't much for the day, but I will have more this week. Just keep in mind that my scrapbooking skills are in the making. I laugh when I look back at my beginning scrapbook pages and see just how novice (?) they were - maybe amateur is the more appropriate word. And my pages haven't progressed all that much. I think it's like cardmaking - the more you do it, the more your own creative style develops. I like very simple pages that really showcase my photos (no matter how bad they are). To me, scrapbooking is about the memories of the day, and less about all of the accessories on the page.....
That's it for today - thanks for stopping by!
Jen

3 comments:

namitchell said...

Great page! Thinking outside the box....maybe this will inspire me to get some pages done myself. (don't hold your breath)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This is a great idea and great layout! What a cute little man on a cute page!

Shy said...

What a great layout! Love the colors and the little man! Great job