Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch 16!

As you know - I'm a fan of Karen's sketch challenges...and this one I really loved. I had on my craft table, the package of rub-ons, Bright Delight, and saw the perfect opportunity to use some of them up. I really like the quirkiness of the owls, and thought they would be adorable looking at each other. The phrase "You've got a friend in me", seemed to be the perfect fit - it's almost as one owl is saying that to the other. My only other choice would be for one owl to say something like, "Hey babe, you wanna dance?", and the other say, "Whhhoooooo, me???" Yes, it's late, and I am a bit dilusional!
I really did very little stamping - just the branch - SERIOUSLY! Just the branch! The rest - rub-ons! It was super easy. I did break out the stamp-a-ma-jig for placement of the branch and owls - just so I could be sure to fit the owls in well. Once I got the hang of pulling out that handy little tool, I just can't let go! It is a lifesaver - well, really a brainsaver. It just takes the guesswork out! Even my border and sentiment are rubbed on! Too cute - eh?

Recipe:
Stamps: Cheep Talk (branch)
Ink: Kiwi Kiss
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Whisper white
Accessories: Bright Delight Rub-ons - what?? no ribbon? *gasp*!





4 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

What a darling little card... LOVE it...might have to 'CASE' this one.

Sarah
x

Rochelle said...

What a good idea to use rub-ons for the frame! cute card!

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

Nice job-- I love your use of rub ons for that frame!

Karen Giron said...

I love these little owls, how fun! I am addicted to my SAMJ too - love that tool! Great job with sketch this week, too cute!