Monday, May 18, 2009

Name that frame!

I told you that I would show you the bridal shower gift that I had made: I made them a framed piece of art with their name and an Est. 2009. I apologize for the bad photo. I was having a hard time finding a place in the house that didn't reflect horribly in the glass. Of course, I could have just taken the glass out of the frame, but noooooooo - I'd rather make things difficult on myself.

I love to do these name frames - they are one of a kind gifts, can be made for any age group, and everybody usually likes them. Hopefully Vicki and Travis like this also!

I did use Hodgepodge Hardware that is now retired - this set was antique brass. I really miss the pieces and colors of the old sets (but still like the new!) These darker sets work good for manly items, and for people who have a bit of a rustic taste.

Just about everything in this are retired. The two things that aren't - the stamp set (Taffy Alphabet) and the ribbon (Mellow Moss). I was using up my oldie but goodie stuff!
Thanks for taking a look!
Jen


No comments: