Tuesday, January 5, 2010

How I love you....

.....let me count the ways. I'm on top of the Valentine's this year. I've been very inspired by other stampers, and seeing the Valentine's just has gotten me in the mood. Plus, it helps too that my 3 year old, Will, is constantly calling hearts Valentime's. I think it's so cute. So, these little birds, below, are each holding Valentime's.

So, this card was quite simple and I came up with the whole thing all by my lonesome! No sketch to follow, no inspiration. I just stamped the row of birds (from The More the Merrier Stamp Set), and went with it. And I gotta tell you - I {heart} this card. The birds are stamped with black stazon on watercolor paper, then colored using markers and blender pens. I really like to color this way. You've got a lot of control, and you can even take color away if you need to highlight here or there.
And what do you think of those hot new epoxy brads??? (You need these!) Aren't they super cute? Today is the first day you can order these. And remember - if you place an online order - either from my website or email me - you will get your name put in the hat to win the Love You Much stamp set.
Alrighty peeps - I must go - it's freezing (literally) here, and I need to get a fresh cuppa coffee!

2 comments:

Cyndi G said...

Cute, simple & clean. And although I am not a bird lover, I think they are really cute on this card. Keep warm!

Tami said...

I'm also not a bird lover but I LOVE this card, I even have the stamp set! You know I'll be copying your awesome style, Jen! And I do have to have those epoxy brads!