Thursday, November 15, 2012

Here, turkey, turkey, TURKEY!




Alright...you guys that know me well, know that I'm not huge into punch art.  But...after I created this owl card, I showed it to the gals at Stamp Club.  It happened to be the same night that we made these same purse dies into bats.  Well, you get a group of gals together that are brilliantly creative, and this little Turkey was thought up.  I just finally got a chance to put the thoughts into action.  (I hope I did it well Denison Gals!)


This actually went together darn quick.  The most time consuming was the corny feathers.  I inked them up with More Mustard and then went right over the top with markers - Always Artichoke, Not Quite Navy, and  Cajun Craze.  Because I didn't wipe the corn cob clean of More Mustard first, it seems to have made the colors more uniform.  Punched a couple of circles for the eyes, used the leaf branch from the bird punch for the waddle and the tip of one of the blossoms for the beak.

And, while I don't love punch art usually, I must say....this guy is stinkin' cute!

I covered up all of the layered corn cobs with a big leaf on the back - was just trying to clean that up a bit.

What do you think?  Good little place holders at your Thanksgiving table?  I'd love to hear your thoughts - just leave me a comment!



Stampin’ Up!® is offering not just one, but two ways for you to get FREE ink!*
NOV. 1–DEC. 16, 2012
*Neutrals Collection not eligible
Host a $450 party!
Not only will you be able to choose a FREE ink collection, you’ll also get $65 in hostess dollars and a 50%-off item!
Join the Stampin’ Up! family!
A free collection of ink pads is a great incentive, but so is a 20% product discount, a demonstrator only magazine, stamping events, and access to an exclusive website with thousands of project ideas!

Contact me TODAY to find out more!



3 comments:

Fairy Cardmaker, Lisa said...

Awww, this is totally adorable. Like the gradiation in the cobs!

LeAnne said...

I WISH I had the patience to do those corn cobs...this is so stinkin' cute! I don't even think I have ever inked that image up! You are quite clever, my friend!

Anonymous said...

I am also on the "notta punch art fan" list...but Mr. Turkey is absolutely adorable! So whimsical! I just love him....I only wish I had seen him sooner than Nov. 25th Ü He'll definitely be on the roster for next year!
Thanks for sharing Ü