Tuesday, November 13, 2012

FINALLY! The 12th Day of Christmas!!!!


Well....the 12th, errr....13th day of Christmas is finally here.  I believe my technical difficulties are behind me...let's cross our fingers anyway.  I always (used to) consider myself computer literate.  Then difficulties arise and I feel like a dumbo.  Anyway.  I'm back up and running.

So, on this last day of Christmas Gettin' Gifty creations, I've whipped up some yummy goodness.  I started off with a mini loaf of homemade pumpkin bread.  Have you noticed the cellophane bags that Stampin' Up! has included in the Holiday Catalog? They are tucked in there - a little bit hidden - on page 34.  You get 25 bags for $3.95.  Talk about a steal.  I'm very impressed with the quality of them.  They are a bit heavier to resist wrinkling - I love that about them.  BUT - what I really like is that they aren't humongous.  Perfectly sized to fit a mini loaf of bread, fill it with some yummy snack mix - you know that kind with the white almond bark on it - we call it Snowman Chow around here!

Alrighty...so I wrapped up a loaf, added a tulle bow, and a little tag using the jar from Perfectly Preserved and die cut it with the Cannery dies.  This was pretty simple, btw.  Just fold your paper in half, stamp it really  close to the fold, then with the paper folded in half, die cut it.  No worries, it'll cut thru both layers!
Cover up the top with the "jar wrapper" image - this is great to use if you miss stamped a bit and cut off the top....

If you are going to give the bread as a little gift, you just as well include some delish butter and coffee too, right?

Whip up some super yummy Cinnamon Honey Butter and put it into a lil' half pint jar. ( I love them - they are so dainty and cute!)  How do you make the butter?  Super easy.  Even easier if you haven't recently broke your hand mixer!

Cinnamon Honey Butter
2 sticks butter (please use REAL butter!)
1 C powdered sugar
1 C honey
2 tsp. cinnamon ( I like to use Pampered Chef's Cinnamon Plus)

Whip this until light and fluffy.  Makes 4 half pint jars and then some extra.  And seriously - I could eat this stuff straight out of the jar - it's THAT good!


Grind up some fresh coffee grounds and voila! You've got a super duper gift for your neighbors, your BFF's, or a Christmas party hostess!

What do you think?  Did you enjoy the 12 Days of Christmas Gettin' Gifty Guide?  I know I had a lot of fun creating all of this goodness.  I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments!  Chatter away peeps!


No comments: