Thursday, August 30, 2012

Whhoooo do you love???


Good day all!  I've been telling my Stamp Club members about this idea for a while. And it's not actually my idea - I saw a similar card somewhere online, but can't find it's rightful owner to give her/him credit.  But the original used completely non-SU items.  I've stuck with only SU items - except for the die to cut the eyes.  (I tried the 2 1/2" circle punch but it was too big and the 1 3/4" circle punch was too small....break out the nestie dies)


The eyes were created using one of the tie-dye techniques we did at Stamp Club.  You can see one of the cards we made here.  We got to discussing the Cannery Dies at Stamp Club and how we need to think outside of the box with the dies to get more bang for your buck.  This is just one example!  NICE - huh!


Yes-sir-ee-bob - that there is the corn stamp and die to create the owl feathers.  I'm pretty darn pleased with the results.

How have you thought outside of the box with your dies?  I'd love to see what you've created.  Go ahead and post a link to your design in my comments section for all to see!

1 comment:

Anne Marie Hile said...

Get outta here with the cuteness, Jen!!! Who would have thought of a corn cob OWL? You did, that's whoooo!! This is fantastic and such a cool way to think outside the box. Love it! :)