Thursday, August 19, 2010

Whole Wheat? Or Bleached Wheat?


I'm a whole wheat kinda gal. It's a rare occassion when I buy white bread. I even prefer a wheat bun over white..... Today, I'm showing you some bleached wheat. Processed. Refined. What have you. My July Stamp Clubs worked on the Bleaching Technique. This gets you some really neat effects - and each turns out differently. Everytime. Here's the card:

See that highlight behind the wheat stems? Ya - that's where I've bleached the card. Then I went back over the top (once the bleach and cardstock were good and dry) and stamped the wheat image in Soft Suede Ink.

Doesn't that create such a neat look?
Tell me, what's one of your fave techniques? I always love to hear/read your comments - so leave me some comment candy, would ya?


2 comments:

Cyndi G said...

Really like this look ... very effective with the wheat. How did you apply the bleach? Did you stamp it on or apply it to the cardstock by another method? Please share the details so I can gave this a try. Thanks!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Neat technique. TFS. I'm now following your blog from SC. If you'd like to follow mine I'm at:
http://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.com