Thursday, February 12, 2009

More Stamp Club Items

This month my Stamp Club group focused on the Wax Resist Technique. We had a ton of fun, and these are some of the creations we made:


This card uses the Crazy for Cupcakes Stamp Set (which I LOVE!!) and the brand new Texturz Plates from Stampin' Up! Aren't they just the coolest thing ever. Run you cardstock thru the Big Shot and presto! all embossed for you. And I really love the fact that you get 6 different textures for a very reasonable price. The other thing, these texture plates are quite a bit larger than your embossing folders from Cuttlebug. You can cover more area that way!

Here is the front of a gift bag that we made - isn't it just adorable??? I love the colors, the modern feel of the designer paper (Urban Oasis) and the added texture in this ( with the tearing and curling of the edge of the gray paper). It feels so fashion forward to me???? Photo #2 is a better one to drool over! :)



You know, you too could make projects just like this every month. Ask me how you can become a Stamp Club member. Some of the gals at one of my club meetings commented this month that she really needed the stamp time for herself. Another gal commented that Oprah is saying that you need to put yourself back in the picture - make time for you. And that is exactly what Stamp Club is all about. The gals get together every month - and it's their time. We have a lot of fun, and the great thing is that most of these gals didn't all know each other before we got started - it's a wonderful way to make new friends.... So put yourself back on your calendar - call me, we'll get you in the Club!!!
Here's a challenge for those that are in my Stamp Club - post a comment in this thread and tell us why YOU enjoy Stamp Club so much! There just might be something in it for you if you do!!!! :)



2 comments:

Cyndi G said...

I totally LOVE going to my Stamp Club. First and most important, it's ME time. Time away from work, time away from home and household chores & it's a place to fulfill my need to be creative. I've made new friends & am always learning new techniques & ideas and Jen rocks as an instructor ... she has great ideas and lots of patience. Absolutely LOVE my stamp club time!

Anonymous said...

I too love our Stamp Club! I look forward to it every month, and make sure that's the only thing on my calendar for that day! Wouldn't miss it for anything. I'm having so much fun with new friends and just love Jen's excitement and all the new things she's teaching us. I do wonder when she sleeps, did you all see that cake!?!?!
P.S. I even did homework Jen.:)