Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Super Bowl Sunday...if you are MALE!

I swear - I like football just as much as the next person, but I'm pretty sure this is just another "holiday' with MALE benefits. While I was slaving away, cooking the appetizers for the party we will be attending, my husband does nothing but watch the 24 hours of pregame. When is the "holiday" that women are doted upon??? Please let me know. Many of you may answer Mothers' Day - but nope, not at my house. I have been a mother for 3 years (almost) now, and have never received a single Mother's Day gift, and I'm pretty sure that I've spent the afternoon cooking my own meals. In fact last Mother's Day....oh, never mind, it was so bad, I don't even want to go there. This is about the Super Bowl and MALE oriented holidays....anyone else ever think about this before....let's take Christmas for example....the women to the shopping, gift wrapping, prepping, get the kids oh-so-adorable outfits, get THEM ready, pick out what your husband will wear, make the food, etc. etc. And what do the men do???? Sit around and watch football - or just hang out waiting for the meal, and gift opening....I'm pretty sure it's a conspiracy. So, someone Puh-lease! Come up with a "Kick your feet up Women, this is your day" day.

I'm off to create something.....

No comments: