Sunday, March 15, 2015

Creation Station: Easter!


Happy Sunday everyone!  

The Creation Station designers are here this week to inspire you to create some Easter themed projects, highlighting the For Peeps Sake and Lotus Blossom Stamp Sets.

Let's get this party started:


My last several blog posts have featured Watercolor techniques, so I feel like I can't let you guys down today!  Here I've created an entire background on watercolor paper with inks and....water!

I simply squish (very important technical term!) the ink pad onto a silicone craft mat - but a page protector or window sheet work great too!  So, squish your ink pads onto the craft mat, placing the colors close and possibly slightly overlapping.  Then spritz with water, let the colors run together a bit - I use my finger to blend them slightly.  Now you plop your watercolor paper into the colors!  Simple.  If you aren't happy, keep tapping your paper into the colors until you are.  
To get the water droplet look, I simple drip water onto the paper then soak it up right away with a paper towel.  
To get it to dry quickly, I use my heat tool.   

In the end, you end up with what I think looks like a dipped Easter Egg!

I used a similar technique for my tag on this berry basket.  Here I wet the tag with water first, then dripped color onto the tag and picked the tag up and turned it to get the colors to blend more.  

One last project......


Yes!  More watercoloring!!!  This one uses the beautiful image from Indescribable Gift.  I watercolored it with an aqua painter, using Strawberry Slush, Mossy Meadow and Early Espresso.  



Well....that's the end of my inspiration for you today!  I know that the rest of the design team has a bunch of great things for you tho, so please continue on using the buttons below!

   

post signature

3 comments:

kkstamper said...

Love these watercolor techniques, Jen! I'm going to have to try them. Your coloring on the Indescribable Gift card is awesome!!

Sara Levin said...

Great watercoloring!

Deborah Smart said...

Love your easy-peasy watercolouring technique, Jen!