Sunday, March 1, 2015

Creation Station: Babies!



Hey all!  Time for another Creation Station Blog Hop!  

Today we are inspiring you with all things BABY!  Spring is around the corner, and that seems to be baby season too!  Especially here on the farm - baby cows, baby chicks, baby kitties....but no human babies on this farm - not anymore!!!  I still love to cuddle a tiny babe, I'm just not producing them anymore!!!  

Anyway.....let's talk about today's card.


I created a spinning card!  I just love this little baby bumblebee, and wanted to make her fly.....

If you've never done a card like this, they are really quite simple.  You stamp two of the same images, and adhere them together with a string sandwiched between them.  Then adhere the string to the top and bottom of your opening, and cover that up with your card front, or make an extra back for the inside, just to cover up the strings.


I decided to stamp two extra bumblebees onto vellum and added them to my sandwich too.  I wanted those transparent wings like a real bee.


This little girly bee is so adorable when she spins!


Before you close your card for mailing, you'll want to "wind up" your bee and then close the card.  That way it will really spin when the recipient opens it up.


Well.....I hope this gives you a new idea for this stamp.  

There is much more inspiration for you along the way tho.....be sure to follow along the hop using the buttons below - there are a lot of talented designers to check!






post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I adore this card!! How did you do the "little baby bumblebee" tag?