Saturday, September 1, 2012

More Tie-Dye...


Howdy folks!  Just wanted to show you one of the other tie-dye techniques that my Stamp Club members learned this past month.  This one was so cool - I just smiled bigger and bigger each time I did it!  I felt like a kid at a science fair or something.


For this one, we took some shaving cream and spread it out over a cookie sheet.  Than dropped re-inker drops  (Pool Party, Bermuda Bay [retired] and Lucky Limeade) randomly across the shaving cream.  Next, I took the end of a paint brush and swirled it around, pressed my Whisper White cardstock on the shaving cream and just kept pressing the paper into the shaving cream until it was well covered.  Then, I lifted the paper out of the shaving cream and wiped the excess off.  Voila!  Designer paper!  The really fun part is what happens when you keep re-using your shaving cream.  You get a softer version like you see above.  Pretty nifty - eh???

Alrighty - sorry, but I gotta run.  Have to work at a church function this afternoon!!!  Ta-ta!

No comments: