Monday, February 20, 2012

Makeover Monday Week 7!




Good Morning!  How was your weekend?  Mine was a whirlwind.  It feels good to actually be at home this morning!  Both Saturday and Sunday I was out the door a little before 8 - which is early to be heading out for me!  That's one of those perks of staying at home - ya know!!!  I do tho remember all to well what it was like to be leaving in the dark with 2 kids loaded up and heading to work - blech!

So this week - I perused my "cards" file and found one to make over.  I always love the work of Heather Pulvirenti (who is on a blogging break for a while) - she is one with a clean style, yet bright bold colors.  I gravitate towards those designs - but you know that already right???  So, this card of hers has been in my file for sometime (along with about 200 other cards!) and I finally decided, okay, I'm making it over!  Guess what - EASY PEASY!!!




Here is my card:


Almost exactly alike - right!  'Cept I stuck with SU all the way.  Yeah, those pearls are SU - I just colored them with a Sharpie marker, so, your right....we don't sell Sharpies.  Oops!!


I wasn't sure I like Heather's use of the green ribbon on her card, but when I added my Old Olive Grosgrain (retired - sorry!) it was like a match made in heaven!!!  FYI - the Hello comes from the Elementary Elegance Sale-A-Bration stamp set....I can't get a linky below for it.  And yes, I realize that it does not mean the same thing as Merci!  

So....what do you think???  I'd REALLY like to hear some comments - your comments feed my motivation - just click on that little comment button at the end of this post and type away!!  :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like checking out your site on Mondays and Tuesdays.

It helps me get motivated to do some projects of my own!!

-Adrienne

Mercedes Weber said...

Beautifully done! TFS!