Saturday, February 25, 2012

Come fly away....


Wouldn't we all like to make like a butterfly somedays???  To flutter so gracefully in the air - bringing a smile to those we pass by! 

This was a little project that's been on the back burner for a while.  Guess what - I love how it turned out!  Dont' be sad tho - there is a lot of non-SU stuff going on here.  Are you okay with that???  But I did use a lot of SU stuff too.  Sometimes I just need to mix it up and have fun. 




You know what else - this little project wasn't overly time consuming.  If I could have done it without interuptions, it would have probably taken  45 minutes - maybe less.  But, I have 3 kids hanging around and wanting a cup of milk, chocolate milk, and needing help in the potty....all day long!  SOOOOO.....this is really a quick project.


Let's break this down a bit, shall we?  The background is retired SU paper - which I miss dearly.  I like the current First Edition paper ok, but this DSP was much more interesting!  I added some tea stain ink around the edges and here and there in the center, which really got covered up in the end.  Layered on top of that is a doily that I cut with my Silhouette.  My Silhouette has been seeing a lot more action these days!  I think I really like their new cutting mats as it cuts thru the paper better than it used to.  Stampin' Up's paper is THICK (read: quality!) and the Silhouette wouldn't always cut all the way thru the paper.  Until they introduced the new mats.  Now I haven't had any issues. 

Back to the doily - I also added some tea stain to it, to soften the bright white.  Then I smooched it with log cabin - I got a big blob os smooch under the left wing, but thankfully it's pretty well covered up.  I need smooch lessons.
Next, I cut a butterfly with my Silhouette, in black and stamped it all over with Whisper White ink using the Fresh Vintage stamp.  I really love how this turned out.  I layers a butterfly on top of it - cut with our Beautiful Butterfly die - non-SU paper.  I tied some Calypso Coral ruffly ribbon around her to represent antenae, and added the flowers.  Lastly, I tucked in a stamped Happiness sign and one of the train tickets (which I distressed) from the Attic Boutique side notes. 
All in all, this was pretty easy - and it's a lovely work of art!



Guess what?  You can own this for yourself!  I've listed it over in my Etsy shop!  FYI - I will be adding a lot of things to my Etsy shop in the coming weeks, so be sure to check it out often!  


Ta-Ta folks!  Have a great weekend!

No comments: