Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Crrreeepppyyyyy!!!


Here's a fun card I had in my stash that hadn't been photographed yet.  I did this one up for my Open House back in July, showcasing the Hello, Doily Stamp.  I wanted to use it in unconventional ways....this seemed to fit the bill.  I used black embossing powder on black cardstock for the doily.  I didn't want it to show a lot, and wanted kind of an Elvira look....it worked! (at least I think so!)  For the house, I used clear embossing powder on Elegant Eggplant.  Then I took a little paint brush and some bleach to do the windows and moon.  I really was thrilled when the moon turned out blotchy like it did.  Kind of like the real thing!

That's it for today folks....

Stamps: House of Haunts, Hello Doily

Paper: Basic Black, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant
Ink: Versamark. Jet Black Stazon
Accessories: Black and Clear Embossing powder
Techniques: heat embossing, bleaching

1 comment:

Cyndi G said...

I love how versatile the 'Hello Doily' stamp is. I have seen it used in so many creative ways!