Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Weekly Deals from Stampin' Up! and Blizzard No Show!

It's Tuesday.  Hey - it's Groundhog Day, too!  That means there are new Weekly Deals - better jump on these before they are gone!


You guys all know that I like love a good Blizzard.  And the weathermen in all directions from here have been predicting this blizzard for at least a week now.  Let me tell you....I've been let down.  For about 2 hours we had a blizzard.  Kind of.  There are still areas of bare dead grass outside.  The lane didn't drift.  In fact we hardly have any drifts.  Like Nicole Curtis "...just wants bricks", I "just want snow!"  Like that 35 inches that they got on the East Coast.  You people don't need to hoard it.  I would have gladly taken half.   This is my view today from my desk.  
When looking out the window on the right, those two poles that are closest - that's our lane directly to the right of them.  Usually that's drifted shut.  (that's also our lane that's on the other side of the tree)   And looking out the window on the left - the trees you see in the distance - that's the river.  We shouldn't be able to see that. The last time we had a GOOD blizzard, I couldn't see the tree out the window at all.  Anyway - I'll be sad if we don't get one good blizzard before March 1st.  After that, put a fork in it and bring on spring.  I'm done with winter by then.
Just to compare - this is my view on a nice day:
We live on top of a big hill and have a fabulous view.  Which is why I moved my craft room to the porch a few months ago.  I'm in less than half the space, but I love it so much more.  On a gloomy day like today, I don't need lights at all because I'm surrounded by windows.  
Should I show a card today????  
Oh, what the heck..... a quick one!



No joke on this one - I seriously whipped it up in minutes!  A little Designer Series Paper, some heat embossing on vellum, a few sequins and one messy nest of metallic thread!  That's it!

I hope that all of you are warm and safe on this anti-climatic Blizzard Day.  

Til next time!


Product List


No comments: