Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Begone Winter....There's a new flower in town - Lotus Blossom...


I'm going to admit it right here.....I miss having my kids home from school.....
Christmas Break FLEW by, and we had a slight extension due to some really cold days where they had to cancel school altogether, and a couple of days with late starts.

Why do I miss having the kids here?  (normally you know I would not necessarily say this!  I love my kids and all, but I can't get ANYTHING done when they are home! insert: no stamping sad face!)  Well, I particularily miss Alex.  My middle child.  

He's my farm boy.  My Prince Farming in the making!  When it was bitterly cold out, I could just have Alex go check on my chickens.  Feed and water them.  Yeah - he took care of it.

But now that school is really back in session after Christmas, I've had to go out to the Chicken Shed.  

Can you say - brrrr!  Good Lord, It's cold out!  It was -10 when I went out this morning.  And I don't even get a reprieve when I get to my chicks.  Their shed isn't heated.  (Don't worry - they don't mind.  They are in out of the weather, and there are skylights that help warm the bldg up)  But if I don't check on them a couple of times a day, their eggs will freeze and crack open.  

So, to say the least, it was really nice having the kids home to do my dirty work!  

What does that have to do with today's card?  

Nothing really.

Other than the gorgeous flower on the card reminds me there are warmer days ahead!


Let's talk about the card.  It showcases the Lotus Blossom set with that stunning flower.  Here I've used Lost Lagoon and Pool Party for the flower.  (had I photographed the card in the daytime, my photo would be much better!)  Can you say wow! 

This is one of the FREE items that you can earn during Sale-A-Bration.  And I just love it!  Lots of possibilities.  Color Combos.  Card sketches.  Stamped on PL pages.....it's versatile!

Did you notice the little "bread tag"  It's stamped with Thank You from the same set.  The tag itself is from the Occasions catalog, along with some super cute garden picks - and there is a coordinating stamp set - From the Garden.

Unfortunately.....I must hastily run off......see you soon!


New Online Class - Envelope Punch Board Class
Create 5 boxes! Not envelopes!  Using the EPB!


post signature

No comments: