Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge

Remember - I told you I'm on a sketch challenge roll! Here is another one! This one comes from Karen's blog. I tell you what - she does amazing work. I admire her clean and simple style and the way she can use colors so well together.


Here is the card that I came up with:


I was really in a spring fever mode when I made this. The sun was shining, but the air was really chilly! So, warm days I was wishing for! I'm becoming fond of Cameo Coral too - it's a bit out of my realm - but it's just screaming spring to me! I also used the new stamp set, Scene from A Garden, from the Occasions Mini Catalog that is brand new April 1st! I just love the grouping of mud boots in this set (I only inked up two of the pair of boots for this card tho) - it's a scene that is often seen at our house. Daddy mud boots, Mommy mud boots, and little boy mud boots. However, ours usually have plenty of actual mud on them. I also used a technique with vellum on this card. I ran it through the Big Shot with the Stampin' Up! Texturz Plate, then used my Stampin' Up! Markers and colored the individual flowers from the backside. It gives a nice subtle wash of color to the vellum, and makes the pattern stand out. Pretty cool - huh!

I used a blender pen dipped into the bottom of my watercolor crayons to do the watercolor the image. What do you think?






1 comment:

Karen Giron said...

This is darling! I love the effect of the marker on vellum, so fun. You did a fantastic job coloring your boots too - happily without all the mud ;)