Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Seriously....Seriously!



Howdy folks - I have a fun little card to share with you today.  This is one of the cards that we made at this month's Stamp Clubs - and it's about the shine!  I tried something a little different for the top portion of the card - and think I may have overdone it slightly....I used my Versamark pad around the edges of the cardstock - much like if you were distressing the edges with an ink pad.  Then I sprinkled on the Silver Embossing Powder and heated away.  I just think I should have used a bit less ink/powder.  It's a little much.   I did use the Silver EP to stamp the 'seriously' stamp too.  The arrows and hearts come from the Show & Tell Photopolymer stamps.
Oh - and I'm sure you are wondering where the 'seriously' comes from.  It was in last month's My Paper Pumpkin kit.  I am loving these kits - and I'm always so pleased when my kit shows up in the mail.  You can join the Paper Pumpkin craze by subscribing HERE.  Want to simply try the program?  You can do that too!  Simply click here for more information!  What do I love about Paper Pumpkin?  Well - for starters - everything is cut for you and ready to go, instructions included.  Secondly, all you need is some adhesive to glue things together. (and guess what?  I'll send you a complimentary tape runner just for signing up!)  Also - the kits are small enough - they don't take up any room.  Likely you will make your project up (it takes about a half hour to complete the projects) and display it, or send the cards off, or gift your project.  Each kit is different - they won't always be cards!  What's stopping you from having a little creative bliss delivered to your door each month?

Are you now wondering where those shiny chevrons are from.  Guess what - it's one household item that about everyone has....Aluminum foil!  Simply glue it to a scrap piece of cardstock, and run thru your Big Shot Embossing folder!  

Be sure to stop back tomorrow and I'll show you how you can color the foil!!!  



post signature

No comments: