Monday, May 13, 2013

Congrats Grads! --- Blue Ribbon


It was a weekend filled with Graduation Parties!  Which also meant that I needed to create some cards.  One of my girlfriends also needed several cards - so I went to town.


This one was super easy to duplicate, and I liked it because I could change the colors to coordinate with the school colors of the graduate!  I even got to try out our new Smoky Slate cardstock - and I really like the color.  It's not too dark, it's not too light, and it gives a bit of a silver tone to your crafts.  The cards we needed were all for boys, so to grunge the card up a bit, I used the Color Spritzer Tool to spritz on some red color.  Then I used a mix of Platinum Shimmer paint and rubbing alcohol mixed in one of our spray bottles, but instead of spraying, I unscrewed the tube and flicked the hose portion, creating some splatters instead.  You can really see them here:



Like I said before, this card was easy to switch out the colors to coordinate with the school colors:


I also used a different embossing folder - I think I like the chevron one better, but this lent a masculine touch also.


Hope you like!  Let me know by leaving me a comment!

post signature

1 comment:

Natalie said...

These are awesome! Thanks for sharing how you got the splattering effect.