Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Celebrate Today - Perfectly Penned


I've got a little sneak peek for you today!  Just a teeny one tho!

This past Sunday we had the opportunity to help a great couple celebrate their 45th Wedding Anniversary!  Forty Five!  That's quite an accomplishment.

I made them this card, and used the new Strawberry Slush cardstock and ink to help me out.  Plus some adorable new vintage buttons!!!!

To create this look - I started with the Hello, Doily stamp, and inked it up with Versamark, then heat embossed it with White Embossing Powder.  I let it cool completely.  Then I grabbed my Crumb Cake ink pad and a sponge dauber.  Using a very light hand, and a very little amount of ink, I started in the center of the doily and began to swirl the ink outward.  If I need to add ink to the sponge dauber, I do it ever so lightly and again, start in the center and work outward, swirling the dauber the entire time.  Once, I have the entire doily sponged, I may need to wipe some ink off the embossed area - I just use a kleenex.  Next, I inked up the En Francois stamp with Strawberry Slush, stamped it off once on a piece of scratch paper, then stamped it over the top of the doily image.  Again, you'll need to wipe the ink off the embossed area - and I'd say rather quickly, as I've noticed that the White Embossing powder can absorb some ink if you let it set too long.


 I used White Embossing powder again to emboss the sentiment.  This strip of cardstock was edged with two pieces of Crumb Cake Cardstock that were punched with the Dotted Scallop Border Punch.  Once I adhered that, I glued on those super adorable buttons.


This is really a pretty easy card to create - and so elegant at the same time.  It was almost a flat card - but those buttons were a must!  I mean really, how long did you think I could go without buttons, DSP or ribbon? One outta three ain't bad - right??

post signature

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! Just a wonderful creation for such a special occasion!

Cyndi G said...

Love this Jen ... of course, I'm a sucker for anything with the doily stamp. Very pretty color combo!