Monday, July 30, 2012

Greetings!


This past Saturday I held my Christmas in July Card class.  So, I'm here to show you one of the cards we made at the class.  Because the Holiday Catalog is soon to be released, I did up a couple of cards for them with some of the brand new things in the Holiday Catalog.  This was one of them:


This was super clean and simple, but also quick and easy.  How about those adorable little mittens that have a coordinating punch?  Cute, eh?  I love when there are punches or dies to match - it makes that tedious cutting non-existent.

Tips:

  • Create a template out of a scrap to make the drawn frame easier!  I used a piece of the white cardboard that comes with our DSP packages to make the frame here. This one was cut at 3 x 3 1/2. Set the frame template on top of your card to get an idea where to place your sentiment, slide the template out of your way, stamp sentiment.  When the ink is dry, place the template over the top and trace around it with your marker.
  • So as not to waste ribbon (and the ribbon trim here is SO incredibly soft!) I left the ribbon on the spool, doubled it over and tied a not in the loop end the cut it off the spool.  No waste!
If you haven't received a Holiday Catalog yet - be sure to email me and I'll get one out in the mail to you ASAP!  

No comments: